At Tue, 3 Apr 2018 21:32:04 +0000,
"Wessels, Duane" <dwess...@verisign.com> wrote:

> This draft proposes a technique and new RR type for calculating and
> verifying a message digest over the contents of a zone file.  Using
> this technique, the recipient of a zone containing the new RR type
> can verify it for completeness and correctness, especially so when
> the zone is signed.  We welcome your feedback on this document.

FWIW, I came up with a similar idea and implemented a patch to ISC
BIND 9 as a kind of hobby project.  It's available at:
https://github.com/jinmei/bind9-zonecksum/tree/zonesum
although it doesn't have a way to publish the digest in the form of RR.

And so, obviously, I like the basic idea of the draft:-)

--
JINMEI, Tatuya