On 7/6/2018 8:22 AM, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 12:27:17PM +0200,
  Benno Overeinder <be...@nlnetlabs.nl> wrote
  a message of 27 lines which said:

This starts a Working Group Last Call for draft-ietf-dnsop-attrleaf

I've read -10 and it seems OK. It solves a real issue, and does it
properly.

Editorial: I would prefer all occurrences of "right-most" to be
replaced by "most general", to emphasize that it is not the position
which matters, it is the closeness to the root.

G'day.

Given the reality of arguably-legitimate left-to-right domain name hierarchy presentation in some contexts, and given a desire to have specification text that is both correct and robust, I'm going to suggest a bit more verbosity in the attrleaf document, along the lines of...

from:

     <t>If a public specification calls for use of an
        _underscore-prefixed domain node name, the 'global'
        (right-most) _underscored name MUST be entered into this
         registry. </t>

to:
     <t>If a public specification calls for use of an
        _underscore-prefixed domain node name, the 'global'
        (highest level, and typically right-most) _underscored name MUST
        be entered into this registry. </t>

Does this cause anyone intolerable heart-burn? If it does, please at least explain but preferably offer something better.

Thanks.

d/

Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking