Stephane Bortzmeyer:
> On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 03:56:04PM +0800,
>  zuop...@cnnic.cn <zuop...@cnnic.cn> wrote
>  a message of 546 lines which said:
>
>> I am considering extending the DoH protocal to authoritative
>> servers.
>
> Why DoH and not DoT? DoH is useful because 1) port 853 may be blocked
> at the edge of the network 2) applications running in a Web browser
> may need DNS data. But these two reasons do not apply to your use case
> 1) the resolver is often closer to the core and there is less risk
> that 853 is blocked 2) there is no Web browser on the resolver.

Hi Stephane,

Both of those assumptions are false when the user has installed a
recursive resolver on their home computer, as is the case when the user
has installed DNSSEC-Trigger.  They're also false when the user has
installed Namecoin, since Namecoin domain names often delegate to DNS
via NS+DS records.

(Of course, it could be argued that Namecoin users need to deal with
network censorship of Namecoin protocol traffic anyway, but I don't see
any reason to make the situation unnecessarily worse by avoiding DoH.)

Cheers,
--
-Jeremy Rand
Lead Application Engineer at Namecoin