(dropping dprive list at WG chair request)

Hiya,

On 13/03/2019 20:29, Brian Dickson wrote:
> The starting place for the conversation needs to acknowledge this, and
> accommodate it. It is entirely possible that a DoH client that doesn't do a
> minimum level of getting user acknowledgement before violating policies,
> laws, or contracts, might itself be illegal in some jurisdictions
> (jurisdictions that could include some US states, some western countries,
> some larger entities like EU, etc.).

I almost agreed with you that people need to ack others'
priorities. But the above means I can't agree with your
mail as "might be illegal" is vastly overstated, there
being no relevant difference between DoT and DoH clients
in this respect. Such overstatement doesn't help and merely
makes it more likely that some of the reasonable points
you make will just get lost in the noise (IMO anyway).

The same goes for talk of "wars" btw.

Cheers,
S.