Wes Hardaker <wjh...@hardakers.net> wrote:

>   + Response: Those three codes were supplied in a previous comment
>     round and they are supposed to indicate policies being applied from
>     different sources.  Can you check the new text of them to see if
>     they are more understandable now?

The filtering / blocking explanations are much more clear now, thanks!

> 14.9.3 DONE 3.21.  Extended DNS Error Code 20 - Lame
>
>   This needs to be split into two: server doesn't know about the zone
>   queried for (typically RCODE=REFUSED), and server knows about the zone
>   but it has expired (typically RCODE=SERVFAIL).
>
>   Resolvers handling RD=0 queries typically answer from cache or would
>   answer REFUSED/Prohibited, I would have thought.
>
>   + Response: I created an "Invalid Data" error code to handle this.
>     Does this work for you?

Oh, funny, that sounds to me like an error from a primary server
complaining about a malformed zone file. So that's a third kind of
lameness!

I like the 'not authoritative" explanation.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
Hebrides, Bailey: Northeast backing north 5 or 6. Moderate occasionally rough.