On 2/25/20 8:07 PM, Andrew M. Hettinger wrote:
> Frankly, you've got it exactly the wrong way around: even with httpsvc
> speced out completely, it will take time for it to be deployed to
> browsers. That's assuming you can get enough buying from (mostly)
> google to even make it happen at all.

I don't think it's so simple.  The current ANAME draft specifies new
behavior for resolvers, and there I'd expect even slower overall
upgrades/deployment than in browsers.  Also I'm unsure how big a part of
authoritative implementations will want to do ANAME expansion.  (It
seems unlikely for "our" Knot DNS, for example.)

Of course, none of this will really prevent anyone from deploying it,
even though it won't be ideal, e.g. often without more precise answers
due to non-supporting resolvers.  Clearly we do have deployments even
now :-)

--Vladimir