Op 12-05-2020 om 00:48 schreef George Michaelson:
> I support adoption.
>
> I wondered a little about "it is absolutely essential for these
> transfers to be protected from unexpected modifications on the route.
> So, catalog zone transfers SHOULD be authenticated using TSIG
> [RFC2845]."
>
> The use of a categorical *absolutely* and SHOULD is jarring. If this
> is really categorical, the normative enforcement needs to be stronger
> maybe?

Agree, how about replacing "it is absolutely essential" with "it is key"?

> I also wondered why the TTL of the RR is not held to be meaningful. It
> felt like there is an opportunity to use this field but thats quibble,
> the document as-is defines it as 0 and thats ok, if perhaps missing an
> opportunity to use a field close to the zone being catalogued for some
> purpose.

We're staying away from actual configuration properties in this draft on
purpose.  TTL could be used to mean something in the dynamics of adding
& removing of zones itself, but it feels a bit fragile to do that to be
honest - we might exclude (or make more difficult) certain setups where
the catalog could not be used by or from the authoritative nameserver
directly.

-- Willem