Dear WG,

The WGLC period for draft-ietf-dnsop-iana-class-type-yang has finished.

From the comments on the mailing list of DNSOP participants who contributed and/or provided feedback on the document, I conclude that the authors have included and processed their comments.

The chairs feel that the draft is ready to move forward.

Thanks for the reviews,

— Benno

On 16/10/2020 15:49, Paul Wouters wrote:
On Fri, 16 Oct 2020, Ladislav Lhotka wrote:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-iana-class-type-yang/

This looks good to me.

One minor item. Is it possible to add text in a way that instructs
implementer they SHOULD NOT add "Obsolete" entries when populating?

I think we need to assume that an implementer is familiar with the YANG spec, and this is just one of the rules to follow. Specifically, RFC 7950 says:

  o  "obsolete" means that the definition is obsolete and SHOULD NOT be
     implemented and/or can be removed from implementations.

This should IMO be sufficient and we needn't repeat in in this document.

Ah yes. And 7950 is referenced in the introduction, so I guess that
should be enough.

Thanks,

Paul