Hiya,

On 05/12/2020 14:58, Salz, Rich wrote:
There is a fair amount of academic study around SipHash, and while
everyone can make mistakes, its creators have a pretty good
reputation. I don't think we can say SipHash is unknown in the
industry.

The TLSWG made it a practice to ask CFRG to "approve" all crypto it
used (except perhapd HKDF, but that's a side note). The DNSOP has no
such practice.

FWIW, I think asking CFRG for comment (not approval) whenever
a new algorithm is introduced onto the standards-track is a
good idea, regardless of the WG from which the draft came.
Such checks don't mean anyone thinks badly of any algorithm,
the argument is it's better to ask a question in the place
where the expertise lies, just in case.

Cheers,
S.

If SECDIR or the Ads thinks SipHash isn't good, it would be great to
hear reasons.  I haven't heard any yet.