As requested (I'm not engaged here enough to understand the terms of
engagement, so my apologies for using an interaction form I'm accustomed to),
moving discussion from https://github.com/MikeBishop/dns-alt-svc/issues/287 to
here:

The SVCB draft basically mandates a fallback to A/AAAA.  I think that this is
not universal and that this should instead be made an option.

For HTTP, the fallback is necessary.  For a new protocol, a fallback could be
undesirable.  Especially if you want to deploy that protocol using a service
name on which you have already deployed HTTP.  If you don't want your HTTP
servers getting connection attempts for the new protocol, the fallback is more
nuisance than useful.