On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 at 10:09, Hugo Salgado <hsalg...@nic.cl> wrote:

> Dear DNSOPers, as an operator I tend to have this need to couple
> an answer for a query to an auth server, with the actual "SOA zone
> version" used. So I think it'll be valuable to have an EDNS option
> for it.

I also missed this the first time around.  Mauricio brought it up
during the OARC workshop last night; I think it's a very good idea,
and the WG should adopt it.  There are many occasions in the past
where this would have been helpful in debugging, and I'm sure there
will be many more in the future.

I haven't read this in detail yet, but I will happily provide reviews
if the WG adopts it.