On Aug 12, 2021, at 10:57, Paul Wouters <p...@nohats.ca> wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Aug 2021, Olafur Gudmundsson wrote:
>
>> The DS record is a unique record that it lives only at the parent side of
>> delegation, when DNS was defined no such records were
>> envisioned, if more are needed this working should take up a new work item
>> define a sub-set of the RRtype number space as Parent side-only to have a
>> proper debate on the topic.
>
> This would have been excellent to do when we did DS. It would still be
> good to do this now, I agree. But it would be too late for some of the
> things discussed now.

Can you talk more about why you think so?

Support for novel interpretations of particular DS algorithms will require
support on both the provisioning and consumer side. Is it really that much more
work to specify new DS-like RRTypes?

There's truck-roll in both cases. Neither path is really going to make these
features generally available any time soon.

Joe