> On Sep 3, 2021, at 5:29 PM, Jean Mahoney via Datatracker <nore...@ietf.org>
> wrote:
>
> Caution: This email originated from outside the organization. Do not click
> links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the
> content is safe.
>
> Reviewer: Jean Mahoney
> Review result: Ready with Nits
>
> Reviewer: Jean Mahoney
> Review result: Ready with nits
>
> A well-written, easy-to-read document.  Love Appendix A!

Jean,

Thank you for the review and kind words.

> Question about Appendix A.2 and Updates - Should this document also update RFC
> 1536?
>
> Current text in A.2:
>   The informational document [RFC1536] states UDP is the "chosen
>   protocol for communication though TCP is used for zone transfers."
>   That statement should now be considered in its historical context and
>   is no longer a proper reflection of modern expectations.

Seems reasonable to consider, assuming a BCP can update an Informational RFC?

> Nits:
>
> General - Document status (Informational, Standards Track, etc.) should be
> capitalized, and Standards Track is not hyphenated (There's just one instance
> of hyphenation).
>
> Section 2.4 - 35%of / 35% of

There is an embedded XML comment in the source and apparently it renders
inconsistently.
I've added more whitespace so it should be fixed regardless.

> Section 3 - transport.[TDNS] / transport [TDNS].

Fixed.

> Section 5.1
>   Current: "the steady-state of lost resources as a result is a 'DNS wedgie'."
>   Perhaps: "the steady state of the resulting lost resources is a 'DNS
>   wedgie'."

Yes, thank you.

> Section 5.2 - Expand the acronym KSK.

Done.

> Section 7 - The Acknowledgments section should be located just above the
> Authors' Addresses section. It looks like the names are supposed to be in
> alphabetical order, but they aren't quite.

I moved it to the end of <middle> in the XML source.

> Section 9 - fragmenetation / fragmentation

Fixed.

> Section 10 -  Since DNS over UDP and TCP use  / Since DNS over UDP and TCP
> uses

Fixed.

> Section 11.2 - [ROLL_YOU_ROOT] has a mangled author name and a TBD.

The TBD is fixed.  The author names look fine to me, but maybe "M&uuml;ller"
isn't
rendering properly for everyone?  If thats not it then I'll need you to be more
specific.

> Appendix A - The construction "The [RFCNNNN] document..." (in A.3, A.4, A.5,
> A.7, and A.13) reads oddly to me. Perhaps "This document [RFCNNNN] ".

Agreed.  These have been changed.

> Appendix A.8 - The verb tenses are mixed in this section.

Fixed.

> Appendix A.32 - as a a / as a

Fixed.

> There are other nits I could pick more easily if this doc was in a GitHub
> repo.
> They can be left to the RPC to clean up. :-)

FYI it is in github and I have a pull request for your review at
https://github.com/jtkristoff/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-tcp-requirements/pull/8

DW