Also the whole point of mandatory to implement (which includes business
practices) is to prevent cases like this.
If a business wants to lie to its customers about supporting DNSSEC it should
be taken to court, preferably by
bodies like the ACCC.

As for migration between providers, provided there is some co-operation, it is
possible to migrate between two providers with non overlapping algorithms. It
does require the signed zone data to be transferred back and forth between the
operators.  It does require DNSKEY records to be swapped.

raw zone + provider B keys -> add A keys and sign by A -> sign by B preserving
A signatures and keys -> transfer to A for serving.

This works today and requires no DNSSEC protocol changes.  It may require some
minor implementation changes.  For BIND that would be to stop stripping out
DNSSEC stuff from A at B when inline signing.  It could all be done in single
server instances with views.  This is conceptually what BIND does when
introducing a new algorithm with incremental signing except for transferring
the new zone back and forth.

Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742              INTERNET: ma...@isc.org