Mukund,

On 29/04/2022 22:27, Mukund Sivaraman wrote:

This is indeed how the DNSOP chairs see it and have guided the (new set of)
authors in this way.  We have also asked Haisheng to contact the secretariat
to correct the situation as we cannot withdraw individual drafts or change
status.

With the way this is worded, is it accepted practice for the names of
authors of a document to be removed to make way for another set of
authors?

No, certainly not. If you interpret it that way, I have chosen the wrong words.

What I meant to say is that we made suggestions or try to guide the practical procedure for changing the status of document to indicate that it is not an active document.

The broader discussion of whether it is an accepted practice or not was not the subject of my answer to the list. As I understand there is a discussion in the IESG now, and with the email thread on the list and Brian's draft, https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-carpenter-whats-an-author-02, we can make progress to better define the process and provide guidance to authors and IETF participants.

-- Benno