Hi all,

At IETF 113 a draft of mine [1] was presented (slides [2])
at the dispatch session. Part of the upshot there was to
check with dnsop if people felt asking for adoption here
would be the right plan for this draft.

The draft is concerned with (re-)publishing ECHConfigList
values in SVCB/HTTPS RRs as the keys for ECH are rotated,
but in the context where the ECH private key holder and
the DNS publishing entities differ. As an FYI, ECH interop
servers operated by Cloudflare and by me rotate such keys
hourly so some new automation is needed for cases where one
does not have some kind of dynamic DNS API available.

To be clear: my own opinion is that adopting this in dnsop
would not be a good plan, but that asking the TLS WG would
be the right plan instead. That said though, even if this
were adopted by TLS, I think it'd benefit from input from
dnsop (and httpbis), once the adopted form of the draft had
taken would could be a near-final overall shape. And who
knows, maybe I'm wrong and this'd be better handled here.

So - do people here consider it'd be useful to try for
a call for adoption for this in dnsop, or do you agree with
me that doing that in the tls wg would be better?

Thanks,
S.

PS: If it's useful and there's time I'd be fine with asking
the above again at the upcoming interim.

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-farrell-tls-wkesni/
[2] https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/113/materials/slides-113-dispatch-a-well-known-url-for-publishing-echconfiglists-00