On Aug 24, 2022, at 11:27, Schanzenbach, Martin <mschanzenb...@posteo.de> wrote:

> We (I) learned that this is a good approach after conversations with our
> reviewers in particular since it is very difficult to distinguish what "case"
> actually is with respect to i18n.

Fortunately (at least as far as understanding domain names and IDNA are
concerned) you don't have to. A-Labels are case-insensitive in the manner that
"Alt" and "alt" are the same domain name. There are no such expectations of
U-labels.

> If the application decides that the user expectation is that "example.ch.Alt"
> IS "example.ch.alt", then the application is invited to make the user happy
> accordingly:

Sure, there are no protocol police. All applications are free to ignore user
expectations and standards if they want.

Joe