On Mon, Oct 10, 2022 at 07:57:45AM -0700, internet-dra...@ietf.org wrote:

> This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Operations WG of the IETF.
>
> Filename        : draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-bcp-05.txt
> [...]
> https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dnsop-dnssec-bcp-05

I support the latest tweak to first paragram of Section 2, which now
reads:

   What we refer to as "DNSSEC" is the third iteration of the DNSSEC
   specification; [RFC2065] was the first, and [RFC2535] was the second.
   Earlier iterations have not been deployed on a significant scale.
   Throughout this document, "DNSSEC" means the protocol initially
   defined in [RFC4033], [RFC4034], and [RFC4035].

That said, when reading it through, it was not quite clear what "earlier
iterations" meant.  Are these some hypothetical iterations that precede
the "first" and "second", or just the "first" and "second" (as
intended), or all three?

To that end, perhaps a small clarification:

    s/Earlier iterations have/The first two iterations had/

(The change from "have" to "had" aims to suggest that at this time and
hence any such deployments are strictly in the past).

This is of course not a critical edit, adopt or ignore at your
discretion.

--
    Viktor.