Hi again,

On Oct 16, 2022, at 13:09, Momoka Yamamoto <momoka....@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...] However, we thought that in theory (but maybe not currently) an
> iterative resolver is the only application that actually needs IPv4 to
> operate.

I'm interested in this perspective.

My feeling is that it's far more common to find dual-stack nameservers
reachable directly by v6-only and v4-only clients than it is to find services
that the requested names refer to that are dual-stack and similarly reachable.
On the face of it this seems like the opposite assumption than the one you
describe above.

Do you have any data to support your perspective? This is an honest question;
to be clear, I have no data to support mine and I am very willing to discover
that I am wrong :-)

Joe