On Oct 18, 2022, at 7:58 AM, Ron Even <ron.even....@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. whis is this an informational RFC and not a standard track RFC.

That's a reasonable question with a simple answer: because the WG changed its
mind on what the status of this protocol should be. RFC 5933 describes a
national standard that is thinly deployed. At the time, it was necessary to
have the protocol on standards track; now it no longer is required.

> 2. What is requested from IANA. ths text you wrote and I copied is not a
> directive to IANA that is clear

You are correct that the IANA Considerations section is quite unclear, and
needs to be clarified before the IESG considers it.

--Paul Hoffman