Hiya,

This is good enough, so should proceed.

In terms of substantive comments, I can only think of
arguments that have already been thrashed out so won't
raise any of 'em.

A suggestion/nit which I'm fine to see ignored: the
text in section 4 (Privacy Considerations) isn't that
clear and might be helped via one or a couple of examples
e.g. by adding:

"For example, a value such as 'mumble<person-name>mumble.alt'
would be a clear privacy leak."

And for bonus points, one might further add:

"In addition if a name ending in .alt is sufficiently unique,
long-lasting and frequently leaks into the global DNS, then
regardless of how the value is constructed, that value can
act like a web cookie, with all the associated downsides of
(re-)identification."

Cheers,
S.