Hi,
here are my comments to draft-thomassen-dnsop-cds-consistency-03.

"In all cases, consistency is REQUIRED across received responses only. Nameservers that appear to be unavailable SHOULD be disregarded as if they were not part of the NS record set."

I don't feel confident about the consequences of this cathegorical statement. What if you have two DNSSEC providers, one has an outage (or just network breakage between them and the polling entity), and the other one maliciously takes over by publishing new CDNSKEYs? The polling entity might re-query several times from different locations, but this is usually only performed when bootstrapping the scure delegation, not when already established. And even if, it's not clear if (when) this would be enough. I understand, on the other hand, that relying on permanently disfunctional (or lame in any meaning of that word) child NSs might be problematic. To sum this up, if this is an issue in the proposed method, it should be fixed, and if it isn't, it should be more verbosely described why. The document seems too brief in this regard.

"CDS/CDNSKEY records at the Child zone apex MUST be fetched ... with DNSSEC validation enforced."

Isn't this sentence disabling secure delegation bootstrapping?

Thanks,
Libor