Dear dnsop wg
cc:v6ops wg

My name is Momoka, the author of the draft-momoka-v6ops-ipv6-only-resolver.
This draft, which has already been introduced to the V6OPS Working Group,
aims to address a pertinent operational issue: facilitating the transport
of query packets from an IPv6-only iterative resolver to an IPv4-only
authoritative DNS server.

In light of some suggestions in V6OPS and considering the overlapping
interests, I am introducing this draft to the DNSOP Working Group. Its core
proposition lies in the mechanics of transporting query packets rather than
the alteration of the DNS protocol behavior, but the operational context
undoubtedly makes this draft relevant to both groups.

Here are links to the draft and the ongoing discussions in V6OPS:

1. Draft:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-momoka-v6ops-ipv6-only-resolver/
2. V6OPS Thread:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/v6ops/uNrPNbeUtA_D0xzqLfq5dNQ85OY/

Currently, there is an adoption call in V6OPS for this draft set to end on
July 10, 2023. Your opinion, input, and suggestions will be highly valued
as we explore and progress this topic. I look forward to fruitful and
enlightening discussions.

Best regards,

Momoka Yamamoto
momoka....@gmail.com