On Wed, 2023-07-05 at 18:51 -0400, Tim Wicinski wrote:
> All
>
> The authors of draft-ietf-dnsop-avoid-fragmentation worked with
> different implementers to expand upon the index of Known
> Implementations, and what they implement specifically.
>
> The chairs would like to have a one week follow up Working Group Last
> Call comment period. We are looking for substantive comments regarding
> the changes made, and if they are enough to address concerns raised.

As Vladimir also said in his dnsdir review, this document is in way
better shape than it was.

I do see one obstacle.

In section 3.1, the draft says:

> 2. UDP responders are RECOMMENDED to set IP "Don't Fragment flag (DF)
bit" [RFC0791] on IPv4.

Then in Appendix D (Known Implementations), all implementations have
indicated they do *not* set the DF bit. It seems wrong to RECOMMEND
something, especially in a document targeted for BCP, that nobody is
doing.

> This comment period will end Wednesday July 12, 2023.   If there
> are substantive comments raised, we can address these during the
> meeting.

A friendly request: please indicate Last Calls in the Subject! I missed
this one until now.

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk