> I don't know much about the state of client implementations.

Regarding client implementations, for the one we use on iOS/macOS/etc, we built
this into our happy eyeballs algorithm — so as we receive addresses from the
hints in SVCB, and A, and AAAA, we add them to our list that we are racing
various attempts based on. If we get the hints first, we’ll start trying with
those, but will add in the other answers as they come and use them if needed.

Thanks,
Tommy