There is nothing to prevent us saying that responses to priming queries
SHOULD/MUST set TC if all of the addresses of the root servers won’t fit in the
response or that the root server address should be looked up as if they are
glue in the root zone. The rules in RFC 1034 don’t handle priming queries well
in a number of ways.

 1) all the addresses should be returned or TC should be set.
2) the address of the root servers should be looked up as glue in the root zone
if not found elsewhere
3) the addresses of the root servers should be included as glue in the root
zone if not otherwise there.

--
Mark Andrews