Anne-Marie,

Please allow me to correct you on one particular item:

On Dec 19, 2014, at 4:28 AM, Anne-Marie Eklund-Löwinder
<anne-marie.eklund-lowin...@iis.se> wrote:
> The biggest benefits will nevertheless be  ICANN's, getting this important
> work done without having to spend money on designing one of the most
> important functions that ICANN have,

I find it quite odd that you would assume ICANN would not need to spend money
in this context based on asking the community for volunteers to participate.

Since we take these sorts of things deadly seriously, ICANN will, of course, be
spending quite significant amounts of money in designing,  implementing, and
executing the root KSK rollover, most likely including hiring outside
contractors to augment our internal staff since a number of our internal
resources have moved on (and I have not had time to build up a new team). ICANN
staff and contractors will be working on the plan from ICANN's perspective,
just as the folks from NTIA and Verisign will be working on the plan from their
respective perspectives. As stated in the solicitation, the community
volunteers will be working with individuals from ICANN, Verisign, and NTIA to
develop the plan.

The intent of the solicitation of community members to help develop the
rollover plan is multifold, but includes a desire to obtain different and
independent perspectives, benefit from others' experience, improve openness and
transparency, and ensure that the plan meets the highest possible standards. To
be explicit: the community members will NOT be supplanting ICANN, Verisign, and
NTIA staff/contractors/appointees.

I'll not comment further on your note.

Regards,
-drc