On 17 Aug 2015, at 13:55, Joe Abley wrote:

I have a slack bot that watches the root zone for me, and on July 17 at 0705 Eastern time it said:

Since three people have now responded with surprise and excitement at this, this is the bot in question. It's nasty, and involves awk. The manual is here: "run the .sh things out of cron, after editing them to make them work for you." Note in particular you'll need to replace the web hook URL in send_to_slack.sh with something that makes sense for your account.

  https://github.com/ableyjoe/rootchanges

I once had these scripts tweeting as @rootchanges, which I gather some people appreciated, but Twitter changed something and it broke and I never bothered to fix it. If someone else would like to make this work with Twitter again (or wants to take over the @rootchanges handle and do it themselves) let me know.

Joe