Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2017 22:27:47 +0200
From: Peter van Dijk <peter.van.d...@powerdns.com>
To: dns-operations <dns-operati...@dns-oarc.net>
Subject: Re: [dns-operations] .org dnssec issue?

On 6 Feb 2017, at 14:44, Peter van Dijk wrote:

> The NSEC3 indeed says a DS should be there, but there is none.
> Incidentally whois says the domain is ‘unsigned’.
>
> This is indeed a .org issue, looks like a signer bug.

For those who care, this .org bug remains unfixed. I keep getting reports,
roughly weekly, of domains going bogus in .org after DS removal, because DS
remains in the NSEC3 bitmap.

Here is a dnsviz snapshot from an affected domain yesterday:
http://dnsviz.net/d/digidoc4j.org/WOYxhQ/dnssec/

There is no known workaround for a domain owner. This issue unsurprisingly
also affects .info.

Here is a different .info bug from a month ago as well:
http://dnsviz.net/d/www.michiganorganizer.info/WMnilQ/dnssec/

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk