***  Democracies Online Newswire  -  http://dowire.org ***
***  Headlines from top blogs: http://dowire.org/feeds ***

P.S. E-Democracy.Org is interested in identifying additional
communities in Europe interested in bringing citizens into the heart
of local governance through online tools that work. If any of you are
applying for EU funds and have an interest in building off the local
Issues Forum experience in the UK, drop me a note: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

All sorts of items - deadlines fast approaching:
http://www.cordis.lu/citizens/home.html

From:
http://dgresearch.netlantic.net/

On 8 March at 14:00-16:30 (Brussels time) we organise an Information
Session about the open calls for proposals of the 'Citizens and
Governance in a Knowledge Based Society' Priority in FP6. The Session
is for the benefit of researchers in the social sciences and
humanities. On this screen you may find the programme for the event.
You can watch and listen to presentations and see the slides of the
presentation. At the same time you can e-mail to us any questions you
may have about the calls. Your questions will be answered either
orally or by e-mail by my services. You will be able to see on the
screen all questions and answers. The transmission will be in
English, but questions may also be sent in French or German. The
video produced during this session will be available until 13 April.
If you cannot watch the presentation on 8 March from 14:00 you can
see it and the questions/answers at any time up to 13 April. This is
the first time my services make use of a web streaming information
exercise and we would very much welcome your feedback after the event
on whether you found it useful and how it could be improved in
future.

T. Lennon

Director, Dir. K Research in Social Sciences and Humanities;
Foresight
DG Research, European Commission

From:
http://fp6.cordis.lu/citizens/calls.cfm

Priority 7 - 'Citizens and governance in a knowledge-based society'
is to be implemented through two calls for proposals:

¤The first call for proposals was launched in 2003.If you wish to
have an overview on the first results, please click here.

¤The second Call for proposals is now open.

Call for Proposals  FP6-2004-CITIZENS-4  Priority 7 - Second Call -
Part A - Networks of Excellence and Integrated Projects, Deadline 13
April 2005, 17:00 Brussels local time (electronic submission)
Call for Proposals  FP6-2004-CITIZENS-5  Priority 7 - Second Call -
Part B - Specific Targeted Research Projects and
Co-ordination Actions, Deadline 13 April 2005, 17:00 Brussels local
time (electronic submission)
Call for Proposals  FP6-2004-CITIZENS-6  Priority 7-Second Call-Part
C - Specific Support Actions, Deadline 13 April 2005, 17:00 Brussels
local time (electronic submission)

Steven L. Clift    -   -  -  W: http://publicus.net
Minneapolis    -   -   -  -   E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Minnesota  -   -   -   -   -   - T: +1.612.822.8667
USA    -   -   -   -   -       MSN/Y!/AIM: netclift

UK Office Hours - 1pm - 11pm  -   -  T:  0870.340.1266
Join my Democracies Online Newswire: http://dowire.org