***  Democracies Online Newswire  -  http://dowire.org ***
***  Headlines from top blogs: http://dowire.org/feeds ***

I've been hearing quite a bit about media as well as citizen-based
efforts at citizen journalism online.  Some sites mix local news with
blogging tools and others are special sites created by traditional
media outfits.

About once a week, I'll be try to tap DoWire members to help sketch
down our linking knowledge via the DoWire wiki.  So this week the
topic is participatory journalism online.

If you'd like to recommend some online citizen and participatory
journalism, hop to this page and press "Edit":

     http://dowire.org/wiki/Citizen_journalism_online

Feel free to pass this on to those in the "media" world.  I am not
really sure where the online citizen participation world stops and
the online citizen media world begins.  It could be that they are the
same thing with the sponsors or organizers simply working from
different world views and assumptions.

Steven Clift
http://dowire.org
http://publicus.net
Steven L. Clift    -   -  -  W: http://publicus.net
Minneapolis    -   -   -  -   E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Minnesota  -   -   -   -   -   - T: +1.612.822.8667
USA    -   -   -   -   -       MSN/Y!/AIM: netclift

UK Office Hours - 1pm - 11pm  -   -  T:  0870.340.1266
Join my Democracies Online Newswire: http://dowire.org