***  Democracies Online Newswire  -  http://dowire.org ***
***  Headlines from top blogs: http://dowire.org/feeds ***

Behind the scenes I am working away on the transition to GroupServer.
That open source tool will be soon upgraded to .9 and we'll be open
for business for the Newswire and interactive groups at:
http://groups.dowire.org

This is important because most of you expect full-text e-mails of
posts and going to the blog is "work" for busy people.

In the meantime, despite the low e-mail volume, I am continuing to
feed the blog: http://dowire.org/notes

And the home page is now a dynamically generated "what's new" from
across the site: http://dowire.org

So normally, only 1 out of 20 DoWire posts are "hello from Steve
posts" but, here is a quick update.

Next Speaking/Meeting Trip - April 25 - May 2

April 25 - New York City

I may be in New York with my volunteer E-Democracy.Org Board Chair
hat on.  If you work for a grant-making organization and would like
to attend an informational session on the potential of Issues Forums
to cut against the tide of national partisan vitriol and rebuild a
democracy that brings people together one community at a time, drop
me a note: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

If you'd like to start an Issues Forum in an East Coast community,
read <http://e-democracy.org/if> and drop me a note as well.

April 26 - London

I am checking in with my London contacts and developing proposals for
new and interesting projects.

I am available for at least one presentation:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

April 27 - April 30 - Linz, Austria

I am on their Digital Communities jury.

May 1,2,?  - Vienna, or anywhere in Europe

I'll may be in Vienna on the May 1 holiday before flying home.  I am
open to speaking opportunities, where you don't need to cover the
flight on May 1 or 2. Contact me ASAP if you want to arrange
something:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

That's all for now.

Cheers,
Steven Clift
Democracies Online

Steven L. Clift    -   -  -  W: http://publicus.net
Minneapolis    -   -   -  -   E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Minnesota  -   -   -   -   -   - T: +1.612.822.8667
USA    -   -   -   -     Skype/MSN/Y!/AIM: netclift

Join Democracies Online: http://dowire.org
Start an Issues Forum: http://e-democracy.org/if