*** Democracies Online Newswire -  http://e-democracy.org/do ***
***                                                          ***
*** Up to seven posts a week. To join over 2500 subscribers, ***
*** e-mail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, in message:  sub do-wire   ***

I am looking for examples and lessons related to government-
led/facilitated/funded online information exchange projects (i.e.
online discussions, portals with distributed submission/editorial).
Think of this as e-democracy on the _output_ side of governance.

In particular, I am interested in efforts that are designed to help a
government organization better implement an established public
policy/goal with the participation of other governments, NGOs, and
interested citizens.  I am also interested in online platforms used
inter-governmentally for structured information exchange even if they
are closed to outside stakeholders.

Some leading examples that I know of where governments/IGOs are taking
facilitative lead role include:

CommunityBuilders NSW - Links, Discussion
http://www.communitybuilders.nsw.gov.au/site/

Minneapolis Downtown Command - Community Policing E-List
http://www.mail-archive.com/do-wire@;tc.umn.edu/msg00469.html

OneFish.Org (UN FAO lead) - Community Portal, Virtual Offices
http://www.onefish.org/static/about.htm

Development Gateway (An NGO crafted by the World Bank)
http://www.developmentgateway.org/node/190911/

If you are aware of important working examples (small and successful
is better than large and dead), please drop me a note:

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I may use your submission in a short paper I am writing for the
OECD's Project on the Impact of E-Government.  At some point I will
also be able to share that paper with DO-WIRE members.

Steven Clift
Democracies Online
http://www.publicus.net

*** Past Messages, Discussion http://e-democracy.org/do ***
*** To subscribe, e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          ***
***         Message body:  SUB DO-WIRE                  ***
*** To UNSUBSCRIBE instead, write: UNSUB DO-WIRE        ***

*** Please forward this post to others and encourage    ***
*** them to subscribe to the free DO-WIRE service.      ***
*** Please send submissions to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]     ***