Markus Hoenicka wrote:

No, the problem does not depend on where your stylesheets are installed. Let's look at a more contrived example. Assume the 1.68 stylesheets render element A in a straightforward manner using 10 lines of xslt code. All you want to change is to replace a comma that the template uses as a separator somewhere with a semicolon. You copy that ten lines to your customization layer and replace the comma. Now the 1.73 stylesheets offer a vastly improved rendering of element A, using all bells and whistles, coded in 100 lines of xslt code. After the upgrade you still get your simple rendering, albeit with the semicolon. What Geraint asked for is the bells and whistles rendering, plus the comma replaced by a semicolon.

Drat. OK Markus, I retract my assumption :-)

Query how often this happens though?
I guess Geraint was just unlucky in this case.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT, XSL-FO and Docbook FAQ