Hi guys,

Thanks for all your help. I got it to work.

Request a quick review to make sure that I did not do something silly.

In case the email below is hard to read, please go to

http://www.ypl.com//build_windows_machines/install_applications/doc_book_to_
html/html_deep/ch09s03.html

a.. Create a cascading style sheet w/ a file name of key_words.css w/ the
following entry

.key_words { background: yellow; }a.. Create a file containing DocBook xml
tags w/ a file name of using_role_as_class_name.doc_book_xml w/ the
following entries

<!DOCTYPE book SYSTEM
"file://localhost/C:\ypl\doc_book\dtd_xml_4.5b1\docbookx.dtd">

<book>

<title>
Some Book Title
</title>

<chapter>

<title>
Some Chapter Title
</title>

<para>
First sentence with no highlighting.
</para>

<para>
Second sentence with highlighting which <emphasis role="key_words">starts
here and goes until here</emphasis> but does not highlight entire sentence.
</para>

</chapter>

</book>a.. Create a DOS batch file setting the following paramters

  1.. emphasis.propagates.style: 1

  2.. html.stylesheet: file://localhost/C:\ypl\doc_book\key_words.css

a.. The DOS batch file name was using_role_as_class_name.bat and it
contained the following contents

REM
REM Set the classpath
REM
set classpath=.;
REM
REM
REM Output contents of environment variables
REM
set
REM
REM
REM Generate HTML from DocBook XML
REM
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_22\bin\java" ^
        -cp C:\ypl\java\xalan.jar;C:\ypl\java\serializer.jar
org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process ^
        -v ^
        -xsl "C:\ypl\doc_book\xsl_1.75.2\html\chunk.xsl" ^
        -in using_role_as_class_name.doc_book_xml ^
        -param "emphasis.propagates.style" "1" ^
        -param "html.stylesheet"
"file://localhost/C:\ypl\doc_book\key_words.css" ^
        -param "base.dir" "html/"
EXIT