Alex,

I don't think that this xpath will do what you want, since many inlines allow
other inlines as child elements.

I suggest checking out the DocBook Definitive Guide, which has a section
titled: "Logical Divisions: The Categories of Elements in DocBook," which lists
the Block and Inline elements.

The Definitive Guide can be found online at:

http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/docbook.html

Best Regards,
Richard Hamilton
-------