Hi Steve,

Nice to see  you in the mailing list.

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 3:20 AM, Steve Ball <steve.b...@explain.com.au>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm assuming that you have downloaded the DocBook XSL stylesheets? There
> is a specification document contained in it that details what is and isn't
> supported by the roundtripping system.

Yes I downloaded the latest snapshot version, docbook-xsl-ns-snapshot.zip
from [1] link and went through lots of folders and Docbook style sheets
inside it. As you said, I converted the specification.xml to HTML format
and went trough all the content of it. That gave me a good understanding
about what are the goals and non-goals of the roundtripping system.

> In what way would you like to participate in the project? Supporting Open
> Office? Extending the system to later versions of Word? Use of XSLT 2.0?
> Let me know.

I have great interest in Open Office. Therefore I would like to participate
in "supporting Open Office" way and I am also interested in "Extending the
system to later versions of Word". But I can work in any way you suggest
and I can get familiar with it in few days.

Since I am very new to Word XML  roundtripping XSLs, I will
really appreciate any advice and suggestion regarding this project.
And these days I am working on creating a very strong proposal for
this project. Therefore, your guidance and advice regarding the
proposal will be very helpful to me. I will share with you a draft proposal
I have made so far as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

[1]  http://snapshots.docbook.org/