>"zip" is the Info-zip program to create and manipulate zip files.

I know that (and I already knew it), but ....

note to the maintainers of the documentation - please state it explicitly; as I
indicated I got the "'zip' is not recognized as an internal or external
command, operable program or batch file." message as it isn't a standard
operating system file.  Someone reading this who isn't a developer may not know
what's meant.

Also please add a note to the effect that its folder *must* be in your path.
Just adding a symbol pointing to zip.exe is not sufficient.  Presumably there
is something else important in the folder.

I've been trying to get 7-zip to do the job.

Firstly it needs telling to do "zip" format, which can be done using -tzip.

However, it seems to be insisting on putting everything in the file in
alphabetical order, which isn't accepted by epubcheck.

So for the moment the answer seems to be that 7-zip can't build epubs.  Unless
someone can tell me how to sort out the ordering.

Unhelpfully,

Richard.

[Blue line]
Richard Kerry
BNCS Engineer
T: +44 (0)20 82259063
M: +44 (0)7812 325518
Room EBX 301, BBC Television Centre, Wood Lane, London, W12 7RJ
richard.ke...@atos.net<https://webmail.siemens-it-solutions.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=9fb20d019e3e4cb99344d708709a3177&URL=mailto%3arichard.kerry%40atos.net>
uk.atos.net<https://webmail.siemens-it-solutions.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=9fb20d019e3e4cb99344d708709a3177&URL=http%3a%2f%2fuk.atos.net%2fen-uk%2f>
[Atos logo]
This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for
the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity cannot be
secured on the Internet, the Atos group liability cannot be triggered for the
message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain a computer
virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this transmission is
virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting from any virus
transmitted.