Yes, thanks Ben.
Your comment got me further to a solution. I now have a tool that produces
a listing of all of the xinclude'd  files in a master file. This will list
out to the screen and make a file (xfilelist.txt) of all the files.

I have included the files here for anyone else that might need them.

Regards,
Dean Nelson

--------- xfile.xsl ------------------------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet  xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
version="1.0" xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>

    <xsl:output method="text" indent="no"  />
<xsl:strip-space elements="*" />

    <xsl:template  match="text()">
</xsl:template>

    <xsl:template match="xi:include"
xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";>
<xsl:message>
<xsl:value-of select="@href"  />
</xsl:message>
<xsl:value-of select="@href"  />
<xsl:text>
</xsl:text>
<xsl:for-each  select="document(@href)">
<xsl:apply-templates />
</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Here is the Windows batch file that calls it:
@REM If you use catalogs...
set XML_CATALOG_FILES=my-catalog.xml

@REM Call the xslt processor
xsltproc --nonet -o xfilelist.txt xfile.xsl  MyBigDocument.xml

In a message dated 3/20/2015 12:36:27 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,