This is an update on the work I’ve been doing on biblioentry styles.

I just posted an updated proposal for conventions for biblioentry elements at:
https://rlhamilton.net/biblioentry/

You can see a PDF at: https://rlhamilton.net/biblioentry/bib-article.pdf

The objective is to create a set of guidelines that show writers how to create
biblioentry elements that can be rendered in various styles (e.g., Chicago,
MLA, APA, etc.).

I started by creating some guidelines that I thought would work, then created a
customization to take biblientry elements written to those guidelines and
render them in Chicago (CMOS) style.

That resulted in a few minor changes and some additions to the guidelines I
posted a week or so ago (you can still see the first proposal at
https://rlhamilton.net/biblioentry.orig/).

The html and pdf links shown above use that customization, which at this point
is reasonably function for books and for articles/papers/chapters in
journals/proceedings/books. There are some examples at the end of the proposal.

The rest of the rendering is mostly straight docbook using the XSL 1.0
stylesheets, though I grabbed Norm’s new css files, which make the html a bit
easier to read and navigate (though not as pretty as html created with those
stylesheets in mind:-).

All comments are welcome.

Best regards,
Dick Hamilton