Hi, I'm trying to decide how best to solve a problem I have with some tech
documentation.
The doc is originally in LaTeX and I'm converting to DocBook 5 (using plasTeX).
The doc contains both Figure and 'Output'  elements.
When rendered, a Figure is numbered as chapter.figure

The 'Output' element is like a  Figure, but appears only in Examples, and is
numbered as chapter.example.output

There are of course references to both Figures and Outputs.

Which way should I go for this situation--add a new element by customizing the
schema or customize the xsl stylesheets to use different numbering and gentext?
I can differentiate between the two with xpath. (something like this:
chapter//figure versus chapter/example/fig...@remap=output)

thanks for any insights.
--Tim Arnold