I converting an v5 Docbook XML document to HTML using
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.78.1/xhtml5/chunk.xsl. I would
like to add the favicon link (<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico"
/>) to each page in the resulting HTML. Is there a way to do this without
modifying the XSL? I'd rather not have to add modified Docbook XSL files to
my local source tree when what is available over the net does what I
require.

The same can be asked for using
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/1.78.1/xhtml5/docbook.xsl, but
there I have only one resulting HTML file.

If not, I'll probably opt for a Gradle script to insert the <link> elements
into the HTML after it's created.

Marlowe, *Doctor Faustus* (v. 121-24)