It's not docbook setup, it's emacs?
Once you have added the docbook schema, you can add any more
as needed?

Emacs needs to know the e-lisp package (nxml.el)
which needs to know which schema to use (see nxml doco)
then where to find those schemas.
  Minor stuff is making 'tweaks' to nxml-mode (optional)

HTH

Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.
Docbook FAQ.