At 01:20 PM 11/22/2003, Rich Bowen wrote:

>OK, thanks. All comments noted. I'll roll back this change and think
>about what the alternate would be. We need to do something about what
>is, apparently, a growing source of confusion as more and more folks are
>using Apache on Windows.

I'm afraid I agree - perhaps we need to create a doc to help users understand
how to create ExecCGI entries that encourages folks to use registry-strict.
When I introduced the feature, more and more users were tripping over .txt
and other obtuse files with script mappings (e.g. in cgi-bin etc.)

If you think about it, only perl, python etc are reasonable entries already
in the registry, the user is taking some action above and beyond those few
to create Open associations.  If they can create an Open association, they
can create an ExecCGI verb as well.  So the doc can probably be limited
to the examples of ActiveState's perl and python distribution which are most
commonly used.

Bill