I'm contemplating the docs for mod_proxy_balancer, and finding them quite inscrutable. Not only do they lack any actual example configurations, but they hint at fancy configurations, without giving any hint as to how to actually accomplish them. Clearly, some of my confusion stems from the fact that BalancerMember is a directive of mod_proxy, not mod_proxy_balancer -- or at least, according to server- info it is -- but it's not listed in the mod_proxy documentation. Indeed, it doesn't seem to be listed at all in the 2.2 documentation under any module.

Can someone set me straight? I have some functional examples from various tutorials, but it would be really nice to have working examples in the documentation, rather than vague allusions to cool functionality. This is a wonderful module, and we need to help people use it.

Who should I be speaking with, and is he/she on this list?

--
We are here and it is now.
Further than that all human knowledge is moonshine.