Most of our users install from distro packages. r1824136 acknowledges this reality, and puts distro install instructions here.

I know that there has been resistance to this in the past, which is the only reason that I bring this up on this list at all.

We are making it too hard for people to get to the install instructions they actually need, and, as a result, there's eleventy billion TERRIBLE howtos on the web giving wrong instructions. Better to give a quick one-liner, and then a link to the official documentation for those distros, in my opinion.

--Rich