I posted a question about DoctrineProxies construct that lives inside
Doctrine\ORM\Configuration and creates huge proxy objects.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37076711/why-does-doctrine-orm-configurations-doctrineproxies-object-contain-the-unive

I will be curious to see if someone can offer feedback, or explain why it
gets so big.

And particularly if doing something like

$instance = $em->find(Item::class, $id);

means passing a HUGE object (300Mb or more when printed out) via the
assignment operator.
i.e.is the object cloned, or just passed by reference?

Dennis