Another important consideration would be to get into the habit of employing the free XHTML and CSS validators online at W3C (or its several mirrors)--either for code on a computer file on your machine or for actual hosted code. Typical webpages could literally contain several hundred instances of invalid code, which different browsers might interpret differently .

Gary