Hi guys,

Sorry, I'm very tardy in replying, I've been absent a few days, and
have been somewhat occupied, as you will learn. I've got some good
news and some bad news for you.

First, the bad news. After having done some particularly-inspired
configuration work on Alfresco, it came crashing to a halt and died.
This was the admin's human error, not Alfresco's.

All attempts to fix the problem over the past few days have been
fruitless to date. If anyone is curious and wants to download a backup
of the crashed site, you can get it at [1] - a juicy 759 Mb. It
contains everything from the system: database, file system, the
currently-inaccessible data, etc.

There is a completely new and working Alfresco installation on
http://alfresco.libreoffice.org and
http://documentation.libreoffice.org, but all user accounts are going
to be have to be recreated.. I will do this as from Friday.

After that, I'll start rebuilding everything. But I currently have no
assurance of being to recover *any* data.

Oh, did I mention good news? Again, I should point out that this was
100% human error and no malfunction of Alfresco's. Alfresco has proven
so far to be extremely stable and reliable on the server, and the
performances are now quite reasonable. This disaster happened in the
same way that a perfectly-working car will drive into a wall if you
point it in that direction.

Now that the domain names have rolled over to the libreoffice.org
domain, I'm planning to contact the Alfresco project and try and get
them involved as a partner in configuring and customizing the site.

For the next 24-48 hours, I'm busy and won't be heard much, but I'll
be working on things over the weekend.

You can imagine how humbly I offer you all my apologies.

[1] traduction.biz/downloads/alfresco-3.4c.back.tar.gz

David Nelson