On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 8:39 AM, Simon <simonbry...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 27 April 2011 02:15, Hal Parker <halparke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 6:59 AM, Simon <simonbry...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have run through chaps 1-12 and fixed some typos and replaced/added new
> > screenshots. Changed 7 of the documents in all. They are in the Drafts
> > space
> > on Alfresco. I annotated my changes using comment boxes.
> >
> > If I should have placed the updated documents elsewhere, or used another
> > method for annotating my changes, please let me know and I'll sort that
> > out.
> >

> Hi Simon, I'll be looking at your changes soon. Thanks for going through
> all
> those chapters. Are you planning to do the other chapters as well? Did you
> do any fact-checking other than the screenshots?
>
> One thing I keep spotting in some chapters, but forget to look for
> specifically, is references to "earlier versions of LibreOffice". These
> need
> to be removed, and sometimes the rest of the sentence or paragraph needs to
> be reworded a bit as well. These errors arise because of the rebranding
> from
> an OpenOffice.org book which refers to earlier versions of OOo.
>
> Hal
> --
>
> Hi Hal,
>
> I was mainly looking at the screenshots and finding typos but I will go
> through chaps 1-12
> again to see if I can find references to "earlier versions". If there's
> anything else to look out for let me know. One extra thing I did notice was
> an inconsistency with US/British spelling but I didn't change anything as I
> assumed it isn't considered major or no consensus has been made.
>
> I am planning to finish running through the Calc chapters and appendices at
> some point this week then find some time next week to look at helping with
> the Writer chapters. It would be good to get some feedback about what I
> have
> done so far though if you or anyone else has some time but no rush.
>
> Simon

AFAIK, we've agreed to use American spelling. Please do correct any British
spelling that has managed to slip through the earlier reviews.

The first edition of the Writer Guide has been published, so the next set of
chapters to be done are those in the Draw Guide. The first step for that is
the rebranding. Barbara has been doing an admirable job with the first pass
of rebranding, but I don't know if she plans to work on the Draw Guide;
haven't heard from her in awhile.

I'll compile a summary of what needs to be done, if no one responds to my
recent note asking if anyone's already done such a summary.

I'm looking forward to having all the books rebranded and a first edition
published, so we can start improving them (as well as updating to
LibreOffice 3.4, due out very soon).

Hal